I WILL TAKE IT!!!!!
When I started this lovely journey, I never thought that I would even make it past the 50 lbs marker, so to say that I am elated is an understatement. I truly have a greater respect for the strength of my body and the wonderful gift that it is in my life.
I did not accomplish this on my own. Not only did I have the amazing support of JL to kick me out the door five days a week and eat healthier versions of his favorite food with minimal complaining, but my great physician jump started this entire process at a time when I was ready to just give up and let the Hashimoto's take over. But the number one thing that helped me is a perfect tie between Yoga and the wonderful trainer at my gym, Benjamin Leto. It feels a bit odd admitting that JL was not the guy to help me the most (since he most definitely is 99.9% of the time), but this time even he will agree that Benjamin takes the cake. He helped me work around my thyroid problems, strengthened my bad knee to prevent future injuries and really helped me work with MY body. And yoga came in and complimented his efforts by really helping me feel the capacity for strength that my body and mind had within them. While I am not done, my body fat percentage is at 23% and my doctor would really like me more between 18-20% for the sake of my thyroid, I know that the hardest part is behind me and now I can focus on toning and building muscle to replace what little fat I have left to lose.
And while I promise not to continue to post about weight loss, etc., I will make no such promise about boring people to death with Yoga related subjects. Yoga is awesome. Everyone should make it a part of their daily life. Unless you have a physical restriction and cannot practice it - like my father who gets dizzy when he does sun salutations. Bless him.
Also, on an odd note, I find that I am having to relearn how to move in the world around me. I have actually been using some of Henry's Occupational Therapy techniques (a completely different story folks) for spatial awareness. This is not a complaint by any means, and I actually appreciate the lesson. I find that I have been better able to connect with Henry on this particular issue in his life and that my patience with his frustration has grown exponentially.
(If you made it through this post, Congratulations! Highest of fives! I am running on little to no sleep and it took a lot of effort to put together functional sentences, so your small sacrifice of time is truly appreciated!)


Contratulations friend!
ReplyDeleteYou are inspiring! Thank you for sharing this!
ReplyDeletevery inspiring...Congrats!
ReplyDeleteYAY! I am so excited for you and proud of you!
ReplyDeleteAwesome work! You look great.
ReplyDelete