So...about two weeks ago Walter started spitting up after every meal. Sad day. Every piece of clothing was victim to his explosive baby vomit. It was a great mystery easily solved. Like his cousin, my little man had food allergies. But what exactly? Five loads of laundry later, I am happy to tell you we've got it all figured out.Lactose and soy intolerance.
Put two and one together and we are a gluten, lactose, and soy-free household these days. And by household, I mean baby and me.
I cried. A lot. For three days. I was horribly depressed. I called my father for positive words of encouragement. His words? Eat food. Food is good. ...Thanks Dad. (In his defense, I called 24 hours before my mom went into surgery, although minor. I'm giving it to him. I promise he's not emotionally and intellectually inept.) I got really upset and said mean, nasty things to the husband. The husband went to In & Out and brought me back a protein style burger with no onions and a Dr. Pepper. Talk about love.
I'm sort of calm now. And in desperate need of recipes that don't use wheat, barley, rye, dairy, or soy ingredients. Help? Please???
I'm sorry, but I cannot be depressed about your post since you put a picture of your insanely precious little man on there. I tried to be sad about it, but I couldn't I tell you. Had you not put the pic, I'd be able to sulk with you.
ReplyDeleteRegardless, my sister-in-law is on a gluten-free diet. And lucky for you, she blogs everything she does, which lucky for you, includes what she cooks. So, lucky for you, I've got a link worth it's weight in gold:
http://whatsonmymenu.blogspot.com/search/label/gluten-free
Don't know if any will contain dairy or soy, but I'm almost sure most won't.
Hope that's helpful. And don't be sad, darlin'. We're not pretty when we're sad.
Miss you :-)
I'm so sorry! That must be so frustrating.
ReplyDeleteOne of my friends up in Idaho had an allergy experience with her and her boys that I think you would be interested in. She blogged about her experience here:http://www.ournaetexperience.blogspot.com/
My friend from home became gluten free this last summer, so she is getting used to it, and experimenting to find recipes that taste relatively good, if you want I could get you her phone number or something. Good luck.
ReplyDelete