This afternoon Walter and I loaded up and went to JL's work for a Flag Day bar-b-que. We were running a little late, mostly because Walter thought that a t-shirt and diaper were totally acceptable attire to wear in public and I spent a good five minutes waddling after him as he ran circles around the living room and kitchen.
I'm glad we got to go and I wish I had thought to bring the camera. They hoisted a new giant flag over the Business Park while a band played "The Star Spangled Banner". They also had little flags for all of the kids so Walter "conducted" the band with his little flag in hand. When the flag started to go up, Walter just said, "Whoah."
But JL's favorite part was that JDawg's catered the event. So even though we've made a pact to not eat out, he got to get some of his favorite fast food. Walter loved that he got his own bag of chips like a big boy and watermelon to munch on. JL and I also shared all of the non-chocolate chunks of our cookies with him. My cousin Sarah happens to be the HR Manager at JL's work, and she got a kick out of Walter who just kept showing her all of his cookie pieces and saying, "Cookie! Cookie!"
It was a great way to spend the afternoon. I hope everyone's Flag Day was equally a success!
No comments:
Post a Comment