08 March 2010

let's hear it for new routines

This morning, while JL snored very lightly in my ear, I rolled, rather ungracefully, out of bed to go for a jog. Because I'm running a 5K with my sweet sister on April 24. (What happens to be a busy day, belonging to my dear friend Ali and my sweetly psychotic brother-in-law, Lincoln.) For awhile I would jog at 7 PM, during Walter's bath. I loved coming home to a happy clean baby and laughing husband. Baths are always cause for a good dose of joy in this house. Unfortunately, JL's schedule has been a bit hectic recently and jogs have not happened. Provo is scary past 9 PM for the ladies. I blame Provo for not exercising.

...You read me.

Back on point. I left the house with Walter happily chatting away to himself in his swing, assured that he would go back to sleep as he does every morning as soon as I stopped banging around the kitchen and got out the door. Thirty-five minutes later I came huffing and puffing through the door. Apparently little had changed. JL was just getting out of bed and Walter was still happily chatting away, as I quickly learned, to the animals on his swaddling blanket, which he had maneuvered over his head. Per usual.

I was elated. My husband was happy, my baby was laughing, and I had already gotten in my morning work out. To boot, the early morning looked like New Jersey, so it was a little bit of home in the sky. What else could a girl ask for?

2 comments:

  1. the pictures of your little man on Kristin's blog are possibly the cutest things I've ever seen, and I'm breaking cardinal family-loyalty rules by saying this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you were doing a 5k!
    You are so awesome in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete